Monday, January 12, 2009

This one is for my mom

So... there is a long standing feud between my mother and I.  For quite a long time I grew my hair out.  At its peak it was about an inch or more passed my ears.  About a year ago, I was sitting at my apartment watching some TV with my hair in my face.  I couldnt see the TV.  I turned to one of my room mates at the time and said, get the trimmers and buzz my head, now.   I had thought about it for a long time, and just up and decided to do it.  So a few minutes later my hair was gone and all over the floor.

My mother HATES my shaved head.  I love it.  We will let you decide what style you like better.  If you appreciate me in any capacity, and appreciate me as a human being, you will vote for the buzzed head.   If you like my long hair, you got my moms side.  

Now dont get me wrong, it is exactly what it seems like here.  This is not only a vote of hair styles, but you are also voting on who you like 
better.  My mom, or me.  Its time to take sides and this is the way to prove who you are loyal too.

This is how the painfully tedious, long hair style looked.  










And this is what the buzzed head looks like.



Choose wisely, for you decision at this point in time will effect our relationships for years to come.

5 comments:

  1. My vote, over and over goes to the shaved head. I got your back Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that's not fair. Your picture with long hair is hideous. You're swaying the judges. And....what's with the kissy face? Another attempt at coersion, I fear.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again. It took you 3 years to get hair, but when you did it was beautiful. Any GUY with hair that good should show it off.

    P.S. If I win will you grow your hair? If
    not, the whole thing is moot. I must
    have the answer to this ASAP so I can
    choose my method of bribery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with MOM. That picture of your long hair is not at all what your hair looked like long. You know how I feel about hair in general and how much I like shaved heads. You did have GREAT long hair. So my vote is....not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't think this is weird coming from your cousin but you are so good looking it's kind of scary. You really couldn't go wrong either way. If I were you I would be modeling and not wasting my time working and going to school. YOur parents will love me for saying that. My vote goes for the long hair. I'm not just siding with your mother--though you should always listen to your mother--it does look better and you have great hair--don't waste it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, you are way too nice. Thank you. I had a convo with my mom today. And i must thank you for your side. I told her that I would count your vote under one condition, and that is that i not only accept your input about the long hair, but for quitting school as well. It was all or nothing,

    She didnt know what to say! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete