Thursday, January 8, 2009

The sites I love

This on is going to be short and simple.  I spend quite a bit of time on the internet, so I decided to put a list up of my favorite sites... 

Sports

mlbtraderumors.com - I have an unhealthy obsession with baseball, and you will not find a more up to the minute or reliable source of whats going on in the world of baseball than you will with this site.

espn.com - pretty self explanitory.

OaklandAthletics.com - Official site of the team 

SanDiegoPadres.com - Official site as well


Deals

slickdeals.net - updated throughout the day, mostly deals with technology, but throws random stuff on there as well.  Great deals you can find here.

whiskeymilitia.com - site has a item of the hour, that comes from names brand skate/snowboarding apparel that will offer items at amazing deals (usually 60% - 80% off retail).  This site also has links to others for skiing and such.

woot.com - every night at 10:00 pacific there is a new deal posted, until it sells out.

Media 

pandora.com - no this is not a site my mother started, it is a music site that introduces you to new bands and music similar to music you already like.  It is an amazing site.  One of my favorites hands down.  there is a learning curve to figuring out the site, but once you do, I promise you will love it.  

hulu.com - kind of the same thing as pandora except for television.  You can queue favorite shows and watch them with limited advertising.  the shows usually show up on the site about a week after it originally airs.  there are some movies and tv clips on there as well.

Itunes store - since the introduction of the genius bar to Itunes it kind of does the same thing as pandora and introduces music like the song you have chosen.  The Itunes store allows you to listen to clips of music as well.  

Random Sites

youtube.com - no explanation needed. 

facebook.com - keep in touch with long lost friends through a glorified email.  





and thats about it.  


Coming Soon.... Why Mac is the way to go for your computer choice.

7 comments:

  1. I love your insight......What is that thing on your toe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you up at 1:02 am? Go to bed. Have you thought about expanding your interests? Maybe consider mozart.com or flyfishing.com. Light up those dormant spots in your brain!!
    I hear you have friends coming in from Sacramento. Is that true????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you forget I am efficient mom. For flyfishing i have espn, they cover all sorts of fishing. and for mozart, thats pandora. Now only do i listen to mozart, but it leads me to other artists like mozart that I can expand my horizons with!

    ReplyDelete